Williamsfield Community Unit School District Board of Education met Oct. 15.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
The meeting will be held in the Kutkat Conference Room of the district office beginning at 7:00pm.
1. The meeting was called to order by Board President Stewart.
2. Roll Call was taken. Teresa Stewart, Jolene Tucker, Brian Howard, & Chuck Ingle were in attendance. Lora Kutkat joined by phone. April Bouchez was absent.
3. Lisa Hanson was sworn in as a new member by Board President Stewart.
4. There was an opportunity for public comment. None was fielded.
5. Motion by Tucker, second by Hanson to nominate Lora Kutkat as Vice President, filling the remainder of a 2-year term. Lora accepted the nomination. There were no other nominations. Roll call vote: Howard - yes; Hanson - yes; Ingle - yes; Tucker - yes; Stewart - yes; Kutkat - yes (via phone). All in favor. Motion carried. Lora Kutkat was elected Vice President, filling the remainder of a 2-year term.
6. Motion by Kutkat (via phone), second by Tucker to approve the following Consent Agenda Items. Howard - yes; Hanson - yes; Ingle - yes; Tucker - yes; Kutkat - yes (via phone); Stewart - yes. All in favor. Motion carried.
All items listed under the consent agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Education and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a board member requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered individually. Consent Agenda Items
a. Approval of October bills
b. Approval of minutes from public hearings and regular BOE meeting held Monday, September 9, 2019
c. Approval to hire Pierre Ponce as full-time employee (custodial, kitchen, bus driving, & other as needed)
d. Approval to hire Jeremy Eagle as 7th grade boys basketball coach
7. Moriah Fleming, on behalf of the Student Council, requested $600 to help fund the Annual Homecoming Lock-in. Motion by Howard, second by Hanson to approve the request. Roll call vote: Howard - yes; Hanson - yes; Ingle - yes; Tucker - yes; Kutkat (via phone) - yes; Stewart - yes. All in favor. Motion carried.
8. Teresa Welch provided the district's Annual Financial Report.
9. Brian Howard presented the Facilities Committee update.
10.After discussion, motion by Howard, second by Tucker to approve the Facilities Committee recommendations as presented. In favor - 6 ayes; opposed - 0 nays. All in favor. Motion carried.
11. After discussion, motion by Hanson, second by Tucker for approval of resolution providing for the issue of $2,500,000 General Obligation School Bonds, Series 2019, of the District for the purpose of altering and reconstructing school buildings and purchasing and installing equipment therein for fire prevention and safety, energy conservation and school security purposes, providing for the levy of a direct annual tax to pay the principal and interest on the bonds, and authorizing the sale of the bonds to Morton Community Bank.. Roll call vote: Howard - yes; Hanson - yes; Ingle - yes Tucker - yes; Kutkat (via phone) - yes; Stewart - yes. All in favor. Motion carried.
12. Mr. Farquer provided the school performance preview.
13. Lisa Hanson was appointed IASB Delegate.
14. Mr. Farquer provided the monthly administrative report.
15. Motion by Hanson, second by Tucker to adjourn. All in favor. The meeting adjourned.